Table of Contents
For the management of side effects in cancer treatment, natural treatment options may be beneficial for people. However, these methods may not always be suitable for everyone and it is recommended to talk to your doctor before using any natural treatment method.
Natural remedies should not be used as a substitute for the main treatment for cancer treatment. Instead, these methods can be used to assist in the management of side effects.
For example, herbal supplements may be helpful in easing some side effects, but some herbs can have side effects and some herbs can interact with cancer treatment. Therefore, always talk to your doctor before using an herbal supplement.
Acupuncture can help relieve stress and pain. However, this method may have side effects in some people.
Natural treatments such as yoga, meditation, diet, and massage therapy also help reduce stress and improve overall health during cancer treatment.
In summary, natural treatment options can be helpful in managing side effects in cancer treatment, but you should always talk to your doctor first and follow their recommendations.
Herbal supplements are among the natural treatment options used for the management of side effects in cancer treatment. It is thought that some herbal supplements can help people reduce some of the side effects experienced during cancer treatment. Some herbal supplements can have side effects, and some herbs may interact with cancer treatment. For this reason, patients should not use or consume the following herbs and recommendations in line with their personal decisions.
Some herbal supplements that are generally used to alleviate the treatment processes of cancer patients and their intended use are listed below.
Ginger can be used against nausea and vomiting. Some studies have shown that ginger helps people reduce symptoms of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
Sage can be used in the treatment of cancer due to its antioxidant properties. Some research suggests that sage may slow the growth of cancer cells and cause the death of cancer cells. However, these results are not yet conclusive and more research is needed.
Garlic can be used to treat cancer because of its immune system-boosting properties. According to some studies, consuming garlic makes patients immune to some types of cancer.
Yoga and Meditation
Natural treatment options for the management of side effects in cancer treatment include yoga and meditation. Yoga and meditation support patients in reducing the side effects that may occur during cancer treatment by reducing stress, calming the mind and body, and strengthening the immune system. In addition, yoga and meditation are thought to speed up the healing process after cancer treatment. The benefits of yoga and meditation in cancer treatment can be listed as follows:
- Stress reduction: Patients may have high stress levels during and after cancer treatment. Yoga and meditation can reduce stress levels by reducing stress, creating a sense of relaxation and calmness, and helping the brain release healing hormones like endorphins and dopamine.
- Sleep pattern: During cancer treatment, patients' sleep patterns are disrupted. Yoga and meditation improve sleep quality and regulate sleep patterns.
- Physical activity: During cancer treatment, people's physical activities are limited. Yoga can be practiced even during cancer treatment, as it is a low-intensity exercise. Yoga increases body flexibility and strengthens muscles.
- Strengthening the immune system: Cancer treatment weakens the immune system. Yoga and meditation strengthen the immune system by reducing stress levels and regulating hormone levels.
- Mental state: Cancer treatment has negative effects on mental health. Yoga and meditation ease the symptoms of anxiety and depression that can occur during cancer treatment by calming the mind, increasing focus and improving mental health.
As a result, yoga and meditation are extremely beneficial for the management of side effects experienced during and after cancer treatment. However, it is imperative that patients consult their doctor before resorting to these methods.