“Experienced team of professors, associate professors and specialist offering a wide range of treatment alternatives!!”
Frequently Asked Questions
Ekol Eye Clinic uses most up to date methods and state of art technology equipments for the examinations and operations. You can get rid of your glasses with Eye Laser surgery. A full eye tomography is performed and evaluated by our surgeon in order to decide if your eye is suitable for the operation.
Cataract can be observed at any age, including the babies. It’s very rare at middle-ages. It becomes more frequent when the age is older. 50% of the people between 50-59 ages and almost every person over 59 has this “opacity”. But this opacity doesn’t always affects the near sight significantly.
The first reason of cataract in adults are the changes on the lens related to aging and by the kids, it is mostly because of the metabolic diseases, family marriages, problems & using medication during the pregnancy, microbic situations. Other than these, traumas on the eye, blood sugar, uveitis, kidney diseases, glaucoma, radiation, hypertension and using long time cortisone might cause cataract.
• Blurred vision without pain • Glares on sight and low light sensitivity • Frequent change of numbers • Frequent need of cleaning the glasses • Difficulties while driving Laser • Low night vision • Need for strong light while reading • Double vision with one eye • Paleness
It is recommended to have surgical intervention if the patient experiences one of the following: • Has difficulties in Daily life with the vision. • If any inflammation in the eye caused cataract and prevents the treatment and follow up. • If the ocular pressure is increased due to cataract. • Low vision and cross eye risks if the child is born with catara
We'll call you
He was born in 1945 in Ankara.
He attended respectively TED Ankara College, İzmir Bornova Anatolian High School and Ege University, Faculty of Medicine between 1963-1969. In the same year he started his specialization at Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Eye Diseases Department and assumed the title of Eye Diseases Specialist in 1971. Between 1974-1975, he performed military service as an ophthalmologist in Hatay Military Hospital in İzmir. After that he was educated on Retinal Diseases and Lasers in Ophthalmology Clinic of the Faculty of Medicine at University of Gant, Belgium for 1 year.
In 1977, he assumed the title of Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, and he founded and operated Retina and Contact Lenses units in Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Eye Diseases.
In 1982 he became a Professor of Eye Diseases. Between 1992 and 2000, he served as the Head of Department of Eye Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University.
In the meantime, he published 3 books and more than 150 domestic and foreign scientific papers, and about 170 papers in national and international congresses.
He is married to Dr. Nigar Erbakan and has two sons.
He graduated from Faculty of Medecine at Hacettepe University (English Language Teaching) in 1997. He completed his specialty in Ophthalmology at Ege University Medical School, at the Ophthalmology Department. He became Assistant Professor in 2006, and Associate Professor in 2010 and received the Professorship title in 2016.
In 2003, he received a training on retinal and vitreoretinal surgery at the University of Helsinki's Cornea and Refractive Surgery and in 2017 as a visiting physician at the retinal section of George Washington University in the USA.
His main areas of interest are Cataract, Retinal Diseases (Diabetes, Yellowhead Disease, Retinal Vein Diseases etc.), Corneal Diseases (Keratoconus, Dry Eye, Conjunctival Surface Diseases), Uvea (Behçet's Disease) Diseases. He scored over 6000 surgical cases in these areas.
36 scientific articles which have been published in international scientific indexes have been published. He has over 80 presentations in various congresses. He has worked as a chapter writer and book editor in Turkish ophthalmology books. He has attended many national and international scientific meetings as a lecturer and panel speaker.
He is an active member of the Turkish Ophthalmology Association (TOD) Cataract and Refractive Surgery Unit (2010), Turkish Ophthalmology Association (TOD) Cornea and Ocular Surface Unit (2010), TOD Uvea Unit (2010).
Prof. Dr. Sinan EMRE is English-speaking, married and has one child.
He was born in 1971 in Izmir.
He attended summer school at Mids School of English, Eastbourn, England for learning a foreign language while he was in Bornova Anatolian High School and graduated with a high degree.
He started his medical education at Ege University and continued with his specialization at JL Uni-Giessen, Germany, where he had the chance of working peer to peer with names such as Prof. Dr. Karl W. Jacobi, Prof Dr. Herbert Kaufmann, Prof. Dr. S. Pavlovic.
Then he found the opportunity to further his education in field of refractive surgery by working with the most important names of it, such as Prof. Dr. T. Kohnen, JWG Uni-Frankfurt, Prof. Dr. I. Pallikaris, University of Crete, Prof Dr. Mahmut Kaşkaloğlu, Ege University Faculty of Medicine and Kaşkaloğlu Eye Hospital. Besides he did scientific studies about medical glaucoma treatment, which is his other field of interest, with Ass. Prof. Dr. Karl Georg Schmidt, CGC Uni-Dresden.
He is member of DOG, ESCRS, ISRS of the AAO and TOD.
He is married and has one child.
She is graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in year 1992. She started her speciality degree in İstanbul Göztepe Educational and Research hospital in 1992 and completed in 1997. She has working experience in various public and private hospitals.
Dr Hülya Bolu is one of the first surgeons who firstly used the “Femtosecond Laser” in Turkey and one of the first doctors who performed laser cataract surgery.
She speaks fluent English.
Areas of Interest:
- Laser (Femtosecond) Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Surgery ( CLE, Multifocal, Trifocal, Throic Intraocular Lens implantations)
- Excimer Laser ( Lasik, Lasek, PRK)
- Astigmatismus and Presbyopia
- Keratoconus Treatments ( CXL, Ring applications)
- Pterygium Surgeries (With graft and tissue binder)
- Glaucoma Treatments ( Surgical and Medical treatments)
- She has attended the “Live Surgery Meetings” and performed operations in İstanbul organized by KRCB in years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- She received invitation to the 2. Live Surgery Semposium as a live surgeon in 2018- June
- 2017--- June 1. Live Surgery Semposium ( İstanbul) --- Performed Secondary Intraocular Lens and shared knowledge of up to date surgical technics.
- 2016--- February KRCB Live Surgery Meeting ( İstanbul)---- Cataract Surgery Live Presentation (Callisto assisted Zeiss Trifocal Thoric IOL Implantation)
- 2014--- February KRCB Live Surgery Meeting ( İstanbul )---- Türkiye’de ilk kez Femtosaniye Laser yardımlı katarakt cerrahisi canlı sunumu
- 2013--- February KRCB Live Surgery Meeting ( İstanbul) Cataract Surgery Live Presentation (Restor Multifocal IOL implantation)
- 2012--- Konya Live Surgery Meeting --- Cataract Surgery Live Presentation (Reviol Multifocal IOL implantation)
- 2014 First live surgery of Laser ( Femtosecond) Cataract in Turkey performed by Dr. Hülya Bolu
- 2014- Presentation of Femtosecond Assisted Cataract Surgery in National Congress of Ophthalmology
- 2015- Presentation of Multifocal Intraocular Lenses in National Congress of Ophthalmology
- 2016 – Presentations of “Astigmatic Keratocomia” and “Femtolaser Platform Comparisons” in 13.March Semposium
- 2016 Presentation of “Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery, Difference from Traditional Surgery, Advantages and Disadvantages” in Summer Semposium
- 2016- Presentation of “Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery- Arcuat Cut Effectiveness” in National Ophthalmology Congress
- 2017- Presentation of “ Cornea Based Astigmatismus Treatments and Effectivenesses” in National Ophthalmology Congress
- 2018 – Invitation to the National Ophthalmologiy Congress for the presentation named “I Perform Astigmatic Corrections in Cataract Patients”
- She still continues her active studies and works especially about Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- TOD (Turkish Association of Ophthalmology)
- ESCRS (European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery),
- ASCRS (American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery)
- ISCRS (International Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery)
- KRCB ( Cataract and Refractive Unit)
Dr Esat Çınar was born in 1976 in Diyarbakır. He started İstanbul Unicersity Faculty of Medicine in year 1997 and graduated in 2003.
He completed his speciality degree between 2003-2009 İzmir Ege University Faculty of Medicine Ophthalmology department. He was in charge of Glaucoma and Cornea Departments as a Deputy Assoc. Proffesor in İzmir University Hospital Faculty of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology.
He studied “Ceratoplasty” in Ege University Faculty of Medicine for 6 months ( also known as “eye transplant” ). He also directed the prematüre born babies’ controls in İzmir University Ophthalmology department. He attended the course for vivisection both in clinical and laboratory fields for one month.
His special interests are;
- Cataract surgery ( multifocal,trifocal and thoric intraocular lenses)
- Cataract surgery with laser ( Femtosecond Cataract)
- Ceratoplasty, glaucoma surgery ( non penetrant surgeries such as viscocanalostomy, deep sclerotomy)
- Excimer Laser Sugeries (Lasik, Lasek, PRK), medical retinal diseases.
He has many published articles in international indexes. He has many verbal and written presentations in national and international scientific meetings. He is an active member of Turkish Association for Ophthalmology. He speaks fluent English and has one child.
Dr. Kaan Okan Erdem was born in 1968 in İzmir. He finished middle school in Private İzmir Türk College and highschool in Atatürk Highschool. He studied medicine in Selçuk University Faculty o Medicine.
He is an active member of European Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, European Association of Ophthalmic Plastic and Resconstructice Surgery.
He is interested in cataract, refractive surgery, oculoplastics and reconstructive surgery (upper and lower eyelids, tumor removals around the eye, entropium, ectropium ptosis, blepharoplasty), eye ultrasound, medical retinal and glaucoma.
He speaks fluent English and married with 2 children.
He graduated from Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine and completed his specialty training in S.S.K Istanbul Hospital in 1984.
He worked at Çanakkale State Hospital between 1984-2007.
After 2007, he worked in private sector health units.
He is an active member of The Turkish Ophthalmology Association and American Cataract and Refractive Association.
Anterior segment (cataract) medical retina, glaucoma and contact lens are his areas of interest.
He has a good command of English.
He graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in year 1998.ç He completed his speciality in İzmir Dokuz Eylül University Faculty of Medicine Department of Eye Diseases between 1998-2002. He studied Retinal Surgeries in Munich Ludwig – Maximillian University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Eye Diseases.
- Cataract Surgeries ( Multifocal, Trifocal, Toric Intraocular Lenses)
- Laser Cataract Surgeries ( Femtosecond, Laser Cataract)
- Excimer Laser Surgeries ( Lasik, Lasek, PRK) and Medical & Surgical Retinal Surgeries, Eyelid Surgeries
He has many articles published which were also scientifically indexed. He has oral and poster presentations in national & international science meetings. He is an active member of Turkish Society of Ophthalmology.
He speaks well English & German, married with 2 children.
He was born in 1977. He was graduated from Ege University.
Fields of Interest:
- Cataract Surgery (Monofocal, Multifocal, Trifocal, EDOF, Toric Lenses)
- Excimer Laser (Femtosecond LASIK, PRK, No-Touch)
- Keratoconus - Crosslink, Hard Contact Lens Application, Intrastromal Corneal Ring
- Strabismus Surgery
- Oculoplastic Surgery (Eyelid Aesthetic Surgery, Ectropium, Entropium, Ptosis, Probing, Tear Duct Obstruction)
- Pterygium Surgery (with Autograft)
- Glaucoma Medical and Laser Therapy
- Retinal Diseases (Intraocular Drug Injections, Diabetic Retinopathy, Yellow Spot Disease, Retinal Tears)
- Soft Contact Lens Inspection and Application
He is a member of Turkish Association of Ophthalmology and married.
He graduated from Ege University Faculty of Medicine. He did his specialization training at Celal Bayar University Medical Faculty Hospital. Numerous scientific articles published in international scientific indexes have been published by him. He has many oral and poster presentations to national and international scientific meetings. He is an active member of the Turkish Ophthalmology Association (TOD).
Cataract Surgery (multifocal, trifocal, toric intraocular lenses)
• Laser Cataract Surgery (Femtosecond Laser Cataract)
• Excimer Laser Surgeries (Lasik, Lasek, PRK)
• Eyelid and Eye Aesthetic Surgeries
• Keratoconus Treatment
• Strabismus Surgery
He has superior experience especially in cataract surgeries and refractive surgery. Modern phaco surgery, multifocal intraocular lenses, lasik, femto lasik are the main areas of interest.